VIRTUES OF DAY OF ARAFAH & SOME RULINGS.
1) IT IS THE DAY ON WHICH THE RELIGION WAS PERFECTED AND ALLAH FAVOUR WAS COMPLETED.
2) IT IS A DAY OF EID FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THAT PLACE.
3) IT IS A DAY BY WHICH ALLAH SWORE AN OATH.
4) IT IS THE DAY ON WHICH ALLAH TOOK THE COVENANT FROM THE PROGENY OF ADAM.
5) THE STANDING ON ‘ARAFAAT IN THE HAJJ.
6) IT IS THE DAY OF FORGIVENESS OF SINS, FREEDOM FROM THE FIRE.
7) ALLAH EXPRESSES HIS PRIDE TO HIS ANGELS ON THIS DAY.
8) RULING ON FASTING ON THE DAY OF ARAFAAT (9th DHUL-HIJJAH) FOR HAJI,NON-HAJI.
9) FASTING ON THIS DAY IS AN EXPIATION FOR TWO YEARS.
10) RULING ON FASTING ON THE FIRST EIGHTS DAYS OF DHUL-HIJJAH FOR HAJI,NON-HAJI.
11) RULING ON IF COUNTRY DIFFERS WITH MAKKAH WITH REGARD TO SIGHTING THE NEW MOON.
12) PROPHET MUHAMMED (P.B.U.H) KHUTBAH ON DAY OF ARAFAT.
13) THE GATHERING AND THE RESURRECTION OF MANKIND WILL BE IN AL-SHAAM NOT IN ‘ARAFAAH.
14) The Best day for Du`a is the day of Arafah and the Best Dua of the prophets is ...
15) DAEEF HADITH REGARDING ARAFAAT.
1) IT IS THE DAY ON WHICH THE RELIGION WAS PERFECTED AND ALLAH FAVOUR WAS COMPLETED. :-
Narrated Tariq bin Shibab:
Some Jews said, “Had this Verse been revealed to us, we would have taken that day as `Id (festival).” `Umar said, “What Verse?” They said:– “This day I have Perfected your religion for you, Completed My Favor upon you And have chosen for you Islam as your religion” (5.3) `Umar said, “I know the place where it was revealed; It was revealed while Allah’s Apostle was staying at `Arafat.”
SAHIH BUKHARI (Vol. 5, Book 59, Hadith 689)
SAHIH BUKHARI (Vol. 9, Book 92, Hadith 373)
SUNAN NASEEI (Vol. 6, Book 1, Hadith 5015)
SAHIH MUSLIM (Book 43, Hadith 7154)
2) IT IS A DAY OF EID FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THAT PLACE. :-
Uqbah bin Amir narrated that :
The Messenger of Allah said: “The Day of Arafah, the Day of Nahr, and the Days of Tashriq are Eid for us. The people of Islam, and they are days of eating and drinking,” (Hasan)
SUNAN TIRMIDHI (Book 4, Hadith 92)
It was narrated from Uqbah bin Amir that the Messenger of Allah said:
“The day of Arafat and the day of sacrifice and the day of At-Tashriq are our Id, the people of Islam, and they are days of eating and drinking.” (Hasan)